Playrooms shouldn’t just be for kids. We all need a place where we can go to relax and have a little fun. Playrooms can help us regenerate after a long day or blow off some steam. Every home should have one for the kids and one for the adults.
The perfect playroom should include:
– A place where imagination can bloom
– Toys – these can range from pool tables to home movie theatres to Jacuzzi tubs to home
climbing walls. If you can imagine it, it can be built
– Something physical to do – think weight lifting, ping pong table, games, monkey rings
– Somewhere to relax – a deep leather chair, a couch with a faux fur blanket or something to
snuggle up in
– Art. Surrounding ourselves with beauty and inspiration can help spur our own creative juices
– The things we love, whether that is an easel, a library, a punching bag, computers. Don’t be
afraid to be happy
– Colors that relax not stimulate. Think blues, greens or neutral colors.
– A floor that feels good to walk on whether that’s carpeting, throw rugs or radiant heating
You’re never too old to have a little fun. Buying a home may feel like a grown-up thing to do, but having a playroom can keep that kid in you alive forever. Need help constructing your playroom? Call SoCal Construction & Design, San Diego’s trusted general contractor.